Thursday, February 2, 2012

Snowbelle's funny behavior

Snowbelle is a LARGE Saanen/LaMancha cross. Both she and her mother never climbed, never jumped up on things, never ever were light on their feet. Snowbelle is also still recovering from a Black Widow Spider bite that had reduced her activity level for quite a while.

Until yesterday. When I buy feed, I load it in the van so that if we actually get rain or a heavy due before I can transport the sacks to the barn, they stay dry. If they were in the bed of the truck, they'd get wet, and the feed could be ruined. Dan helped me unload the sacks, and the van was momentarily unattended as we emptied feed sacks into the large trash containers I use for mouse proof storage.

When we went back out, this site greeted us. Snowbelle was IN the van. She had to take quite a prodigious leap, especially for a non-jumping goat!

No comments: