Friday, September 30, 2022

Summer Solstice

I have to laugh. Apparently I wrote this quite a while ago. I wish the weather paid more attention to the calendar, and the official "end" of summer. These afternoon with temperatures in the 100s are a challenge to deal with. Good news on the goat herd. Travis had forwarded a link to The Dapper Goat dairy at Weimar. A few emails and a phone call, and I traveled to the dairy and acquired two "big white girls." Saanens are my favorite breed. Big, calm, softly talkative, and great production. Integrating these two lovely ladies (Pearl and Bug) into the herd has been a bit difficult.The roll includes Louise, age 14, her daughter Gypsy (10), Gypsy's daughter, Betsy (3), and Betsy's bucklings (one month). Add to that, the two Nubian orphan bottle kids, Sissie and Boo, now about five months old.

No comments: